Choco-Coco-Goji Balls – A Healthy “Treat”
So, let’s talk dessert.
I am 100% in favour of dessert. Sometimes, when I am at a restaurant or at a dinner party, I will plan my meal around whether or not I want to order dessert (let’s be real, sometimes, it just so happens that I don’t and I indulge both ways – don’t judge!).
The point is, who doesn’t love dessert? Even if it’s just a little nibble…yum. I had a friend who used to relay a story about their father. This man LOVED food. He was large in size and fully enjoyed every meal. No matter the size of the meal he just had, he would, without exception, at the end of it say “I could use a little something sweet”. This became a joke and ongoing commentary between my friend and I. Every once in awhile after a great meal, we would say – I could use a little something…
Here is that little something. Packed with enough delicious-ness to satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy!
What you need:
- 10 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup (Enjoy Life!) chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
What you do:
- Place dates, almonds, goji berries, chocolate chips, cacao powder, and cinnamon in a food processor. Blend until combined.
- Place shredded coconut into a small bowl.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls using your hands.
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut until covered.
- Place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours – and then they are ready to eat!
- Keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.