These muffins used to be a staple in our house. The kids loved them. Usually made the mini versions.
The original recipe called for quite a bit of sugar. I have removed the sugar and replaced it with some maple syrup. I think it works.
It is the latest treat recipe to be ‘shifted’. I hope that your family enjoys them as much as ours.
GLUTEN FREE BANANA N OAT MUFFINS
Makes 12 muffins/ 24 mini muffins
What you need:
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour (I use Robin Hood)
3/4 cup gluten free Oats (I used Only Oats)
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice/ or water)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sugar ( I used xylitol)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life) or raisins
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease muffin tins with olive oil or line with paper cups.
- Mix the coconut oil and maple syrup in a large bowl until well blended. Add the eggs, and whisk it all together. Mix in the banana and the milk or water. Add baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the flour and oats and mix until blended. Add chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, until each cup is approx. 2/3 full. Top each muffin with a sprinkle of oats and a tiny bit of sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes (if making minis, 18 minutes)
- Place on rack to cool.