I have maybe had pasta salad once in my life. Ever. It’s just not a thing for me, this cold pasta idea.
Somehow today, I found myself in the mood for a creamy tuna version, so I made this one.
Unlike traditional pasta salad, this one has “clean” ingredients that will not spike your blood sugar, and will keep you feeling energized and satisfied.
What you need:
- Brown Rice Fusilli (or other pasta of your choice)*
- 1 can Raincoast Tuna
- 1 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup fennel, chopped finely
- 3/4 cup Vegannaise
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives (optional)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp mustard
The products I used (all can be found at your local grocery store)
What you do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions (note, when using brown rice pasta, watch pasta carefully so that it does not overcook). Rinse pasta with cold water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chopped celery and chopped fennel and tuna (break tuna into smaller pieces).
- In a separate bowl, combine Vegannaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper and mustard. Add chopped parsley and chives.
- Place pasta into the bowl with the tuna mixture. Add Vegannaise mixture and stir to combine, until well-blended.
Refrigerate until chilled. Serves 4 as a main, or 8-10 as a side.